Medical Cybernetics, Inc.
The MC/PLUS-Rx D5.5 Software Package is a complete hospital pharmacy system, offering the following applications:
- Admissions, Discharges, and Transfers
- Medication Order Entry
- IV Order Entry
- Common Order Entry
- Unit Dose Support
- Clinical Screening for Drug Interactions, Drug Allergies, Food/Drug interactions, Dosing, Therapeutic Duplications, and Pregnancy Precautions
- Drug Utilization Review
- Diagnostic Related Grouping (DRG) Statistics and Reporting
- Inventory Control
- Statistical Reports and Lists
- Outpatient Pharmacy Module
- File Generation and Maintenance
- Medicare Part D Claim Maintenance and Reporting
Role-based access levels, along with an appropriate password and user ID, permits each application to be fully functional at any workstation. All workstations utilize a common database with full record-locking capabilities. Each of the applications within the system is menu driven and contains a graphical user interface (GUI) providing full mouse support, toolbars, scroll bars, drop down menus, and bit mapped images to increase the ease of data entry in a Windows environment. Menus can also be accessed through associated function keys. In addition, more experienced users can take advantage of mnemonic commands to move rapidly between applications.
MC/PLUS-Rx utilizes a nationally recognized database for drug information, drug interactions, food-drug interactions, drug allergy coding, and manufacturer's data. This facilitates the construction of an institutional database while avoiding daunting data entry tasks.
Each application is accompanied by fully documented, online help texts. These texts can be accessed through the associated HELP button on the tool bar or through a designated function key. The HELP utility is useful in training new users.
© 2000-2014 Medical Cybernetics, Inc.